Cabbage Soup Diet starts Today


    Normally after each Winter Season, I go on the Cabbage Soup Diet as it gives me a kick-start to loose the few extra kilos I pick up over Winter. I've picked up almost 5kg this winter which is a record for me. Usually its only a couple. Urgh!

    Let me first tell you that this diet isn't recommended for everyone as I use my own version of it and I do it because it works for ME. I don't use it as a detox programme at all. I do it purely to get the weight loss started before I go on to a regular sensible eating programme to get in shape before summer starts.

    I make my soup quite spicy by using Chilli Beef Stock and adding a couple of spoons of curry powder. The normal Cabbage Soup is quite bland and you get sick of it by Day 3. I only eat the soup (as much as you want) fruit and vegetables. I don't do the complete programme eating certain things on certain days. I just live on raw foods and the soup. The only thing I can't seem to give up during the 7 Days is my cuppa tea with one sugar. I still have that every now and then to take the sugar cravings away.
    So my soup looks nothing like the bowl below which is on their website.
    I also take a appeteit suppresant during this time (otherwise you will get hungry) usually Duromine or Dischem's Slimming Dragess. Because eating 10 bowls of cabbage soup a day can cause havoc with your farting power. Explosiveness in the boardroom is a no-no so I normally limit myself to three bowls a day.
    I have warmed My Boerewors (aka hubby) that I'm back on the diet this week. This usually prompts him to roll his eyes and peg his nose with his fingers and say "Geez you gonna fart me out the bed again". Yip, deal with it! What would you prefer - a smelly fart or two or a fat wife? This normally clams him up, followed by lots of "wafting" of the duvet up and down on the bed to let the invisible evils out.
    I liquidize my cabbage soup to make it thicker and because I'm not fond of celery I don't want to see "chunks" of it so I divide my pot of soup into two batches, blend the one half and then combine them together again so I have some chunky bits that I like (carrots and cabbage) with the thickness of a blended soup. Make sense?

    My Own Cabbage Soup Recipe:
    • Head of cabbage
    • Bag of carrots
    • Bunch of celery
    • Two Green Peppers
    • Bunch of spring onions
    • Packet of White Onion Soup
    • Punnet of Mushrooms
    • Four Tomatoes
    • Black Pepper
    • Two teaspoons of Curry Powder
    • Three Chilli Beef Stock cubes
    1. Chop everything up and boil slowly for a couple of hours.
    2. Divide into two equal portions.
    3. Blend one portion and combine again.
    4. Remember to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
    5. Eat raw fruits and steamed veggies inbetween your bowls of soup for a bit of variety

    Wish me luck!!! Will keep you all posted as I intend going to gym at least three or four times this week and I will weigh in today at gym to get my start weight and will refrain from weighing myself until Sunday again. I will be writing a diary of how I'm feeling this week so that you can see each day's progress.

    See you again tomorrow.

    Source URL: http://giantstepstalk.blogspot.com/2009/08/cabbage-soup-diet-starts-today.html
    Visit tattoo for girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive

Categories