I must admit, I don't think its the ideal way to get your kids to take their meds or vitamins but it iscertainly an alternative.
When the medication makes your Kiddiewinx gag and you know they really need to get the meds in, wouldn't you rather give them something that makes them happy?
I think its ingenius!!!
Remember back in the day when you ate those dodgy but scrummy crunchies that the guy with the long hair was handing out at your big sister's Bob Marley party? You know the ones that gave you the munchies and left you wanting more?
Remember that chocolate cake with the "bits" in it that gave you the giggles? We've all done it...
Make teeny weeny muffins or bake the legal meds into a biscuit and dunk it in yer morning tea!
So, go grab your favourite recipe and incorporate your meds into it.
My Favourite McVities Biscuit Recipe
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 tablespoon rolled oats 4 tablespoons butter 4 tablespoons brown sugar 4 tablespoons milk (replace 1 of the tablespoons with your meds)
Preparation 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. 2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Mix in the oatmeal. Cream together the butter and the sugar and add to mixture. Stir in the milk until mixture forms a thick paste. 3. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Roll out dough to approximately 1/8" thickness. Cut into rounds with cookie cutter about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Transfer to cookie sheets and prick with a fork. 4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Let cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight tin.
The theme was "shades of blue" and every one went all out and dressed up, which was awesome. I love dressing up puting on my glitter make up, GHDing my hair, putting on a dress with stockings and heels. It makes me feel like a different person. Someone glamorous!
The party food was amazing, the dancing was funky, the friends were great and the hotel afterwards was brilliant!
My Boerewors and me
The Young Couples
Norman, Gilz, Riaan, Dirk, Percy, Mandy
The Birthday Girl
Ready to Cut her Cake
After the party, my Boerewors and I decided to check in to a nearby hotel instead of driving home after having half-a-dozen too many shooters.
We had an awesome time thanx to the Grayston Southern Sun.
Right Lassies, listen up, you're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have....
The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.
The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.
Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!
At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!
BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!
The moral of the story : get the shoes at all costs!!!
Jessica Giggles bestowed this lovely award on my wee blog. Bless her wee cotton socks.
Not sure that I think I'm entirely "versatile" - I'm not very handy but I certainly am resourcesful. So thank you, I'll take it as a compliment.
Now for the rules… I need to tell you 7 things about myself you may not know, and then pass the award on to 7 blogs I have recently discovered and found to be deserving.
1. I haven't chewed my nails in one whole week. I've been a nail biter all my life and this is quite an accomplishment for me.
2. I quite enjoy being a red head these days. I used to hate it but I get loads of compliments about my hair...I should simply accept that they are sincere.
3. I enjoy writing and when something gets stuck in my head I just HAVE to write it down no matter what time of day or night.
4. I addicted to Facebook.
5. I miss my mum like crazy. I haven't seen her for nearly 8 months (she lives 700km away) and I just long to sit next to her, look into her eyes and chat.
6. I had a vivid dream about my gran the other night (my gran passed away over 25 years ago). I could see her clear as day (the wrinkles on her face and how soft her hand were) and I could even remember how she smelled and how her voiced sounded. I heard her laugh and I was so happy when I heard it again.
7. I sing wherever I go. I listen to music all day and without it, life just wouldn't be the same.
So bang-slap in the middle of winter we will be travelling to the beautiful northern Drakensburg Mountains for the Lions Under 7's Alberton Football Club Soccer Tournament.
Can you say brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?
Its gonna be frikken freezing...
We'll be staying at the lovely Orion Mont Aux Sources Resort for the weekend while the wee nippers play footie. There will be special awards for the Best Goalkeeper and Tiger of the Tournament. Watch this space...
The big children aka parents will be treated to a Dinner Dance on the Saturday night and this years theme is "M". We need to think of something funky to wear to keep up the team spirit and have some fun. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Another prize for the best dressed man and woman.
The beautiful and lovely Green Eyed Momster bestowed this cool award upon me and I love it! Thanx Hunni!
Here are the options! (Be adventurous, it's not about embarrassment, just fun!)
1. Set up your camera on self timer (3 or 5 secs will be fine), hit the button and RUN in front of the camera view and try and get as far as you can before the shot is taken! Post it!! I'm sure your behind isn't as bad as you think!
2. In a conversation with someone work in the word "Woof" randomly, see how many times you can say it (With a straight face helps)... Post your score, and share their reaction!! example "Hey, woof you pass me the salt please?"... "I'll pick woof up in ten minutes, see you then!"
3. Before you go to hand something to someone, raise it to your nose for a second (As though you're sniffing it), and then hand it over casually as though nothing happened. The more mundane the object, the better the reaction you'll get! Such as a cd, money, phone..... Record the facial expression you receive in detail!! It's hilarious, trust me!
4. List 5 jokes that actually made you laugh out loud! REAL LOL's!!
5. Find a location, anywhere, room, backyard, bathroom, holding your camera spin around in a circle, press the shutter randomly, tell us all about what's in the picture (whatever it is!!!)! Doesn't matter if it's blurry, you'll clear things up! ;-)
I'm going with option two and five seeing as I love my Canon so much and I believe a picture tells a thousand words. Option 4 seemed pretty kewl as well...(promise I'll keep 'em short)
Here is option two. I set up my timer for 2 seconds and this is the shot I got. I'm still surprised I could move that quick!
Option 5. When I did this Megan (who is at home sick with me today) asked me what on earth I was doing. I spun around in the lounge a few times to get some different views with the camera. She was lying on the couch under a blanket watching Nickelodeon and giggling at me like crazy. This is the interested shot I got - and I was able to entertain my daughter while doing it.
I love short jokes because I have a bad memory. If I can get a goodie that makes me really laugh out loud I store in my one liners (much easier to remember than an entire story with punch line). One punch line. My kinda joke!
Why did the squirrel cross the road? Coz he couldnt' get his knob out the chicken.
Knock Knock? Who's there? I wannup.
(you gotta say this one out loud) so? are you laughing yet or did I only get an eye roll or groan?
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without a hard-on, make him a sandwich.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
I pass this award on some new bloggers I recently started following:
Megan's been complaining of abdominal pain and tummy cramps on and off for a week now. Today I finally took the day off and took her to the doctor to have it checked out as I was tired of her whining about it. I thought she was just playin' it up in order to avoid going to school and getting a wee bit more attention. (Like average 7 years olds will do)
R300 later...the Doctor said her diet is poor (surprise! surprise!) I could've told you that... The damn child eats like a bird! She lives on crap and doesn't drink enough fluids. Doc has put her on antibiotics to cover any intenstinal infections she may have and I have to monitor her from here on. If she doesn't get better we need to take her for xrays.
So bottom line, a change in diet for her and I'm glad she heard it from the doctor and not just her mum. I get the usual rolling eyes as if to say (what do you know, mum). Lets hope this pushes her to eat more fruits, veggies and avoid too much white bread and junk!
We fooled around with my phone camera while in the waiting room. We had some side-ways glances from other patients because we were snapped pictures of each other and giggling uncontrollably. We spent some good quality time together today.